Columbia Connects is an annual tradition that brings Columbia alumni together for fellowship and networking and welcomes new graduates to the community.
We invite you to take part in a variety of in-person and online events and programs where you can:
- Network and develop new Columbia connections
- Learn about alumni activities and opportunities to volunteer
- Celebrate everything it means to be a member of the Columbia community
See below for schedule and registration.
- October 30, 2019: "The Roller Coaster of History: The Rise, Decline, and Rise Again of New York" with Professor Ken Jackson
In 1950, New York was the capital of the world and the greatest city on earth. In 1975, it was in decline, industry and corporations were leaving, white flight was in full flower, crime was rising, and the city was technically bankrupt. In 2010, the city was once again on top, with population gains in the hundreds of thousands, with decreasing crime, rising property values, and record-breaking tourism. Why is this? What draws people to New York today?
- October 29, 2019: "No Regrets: How to Make Big Decisions Better" with Cheryl Strauss Einhorn '92JRN
Whether you are deciding between colleges, navigating a career decision, helping your aging parents find the right housing, or expanding your business, Columbia Business School adjunct professor and author of Problem Solved Cheryl Strauss Einhorn will show you how to use her powerful AREA Method to make complex personal and professional decisions with confidence and conviction. To learn more about Strauss Einhorn, watch her Ted Talk and visit areamethod.com.
- October 29, 2019: Virtual Networking Events for Arts and Real Estate Professionals
- October 5, 2019: "Lessons in Leadership" with Columbia Alumni Leaders Weekend Keynote Speaker Sheila Y. Oliver ’76SW, Lieutenant Governor, New Jersey