The She Opened the Door initiative, which began with a historic conference in New York City in 2018, aims to enlighten, educate, elevate, and to empower Columbia women across the University.
She Opened the Door fosters this powerful network of women, whose connection with Columbia broadens their potential and impact in the world, both personally and professionally.
Join the email list to stay in the know about future She Opened the Door events and initiatives.
Explore She Opened the Door
- From Farms to Incubators: Telling the Stories of Women Entrepreneurs in Agtech (October 15: New York, NY)
- RBG Exhibit Tour at National Museum of American Jewish History (November 2: Philadelphia, PA)
- Save the Date: An Exciting She Opened the Door Opportunity (February 9, 2020: New York, NY)
- October 3, 2019: Women Entrepreneurs, Parity & Inclusion: A Conversation with Sallie Krawcheck '92BUS (DC)
- June 20, 2019: LinkedIn Networking Night (NYC): Networking reception and LinkedIn best practice-sharing by Lauren Mack '06JRN and Vyju Manian '87SEAS
- May 9, 2019: Conversation with Maryam Banikarim '89BC, '93SIPA, '93BUS (LA)
- May 1, 2019: What the Constitution Means to Me Viewing (NYC): Theater outing and talkback with Producers Jon Bierman '83SOA, Aaron Glick (SOA Theatre Fellow), Rachel Sussman (SOA Theatre Fellow), and General Manager, Danielle Karliner '13SOA
- April 24, 2019: Writing the Balance (Washington, DC): Amy Padnani, creator of The New York Times “Overlooked” spoke on how women across disciplines are fighting for gender equality by revising history’s dominant narratives
- March 13, 2019: On the Basis of Sex Screening (Sweden): Screening of the biographical legal drama film is based on the life of Supreme Court Associate Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg '59LAW
- March 5, 2019: A Conversation with Ursula Burns and Mary Boyce (NYC): Watch the discussion between Boyce, the dean of Columbia Engineering and Burns, a 1982 Engineering alumna and VEON CEO
- March 2, 2019: Panel Discussion (Singapore): AWARE's Corinna Lim '99SIPA, Disney's Jessica Pouleur, and CXA's Rosaline Koo '88BUS shared stories of who has empowered and opened the door for them
- Jan. 28, 2019: Networking Night (NYC): Roundtable student-alumnae networking and discussions on networking best practices
- Oct. 11, 2018: Gloria: A Life (NYC): Viewing and talkback with Director Diane Paulus '97SOA
- May 5, 2018: RBG Documentary Screening (NYC): Viewing and talkback with the film's director Betsy West, a Columbia Journalism School professor
- Feb. 10-11, 2018: First University-Wide Women's Conference (NYC): View hours of inspiring sessions captured from the event, including talks by Abigail Disney '87GSAS, '94GSAS, Supreme Court Associate Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg '59LAW, and Poppy Harlow '05CC